Thursday, October 21, 2010

scenic virginia

drove scenic route 5 from richmond to williamsburg
"plantation road" of our early presidents
this is shirley plantation
oldest deeded plantation in virginia
and 10th generation - robert e. lee family

lovin the cute crab apple trees

and of course my sweet boy, who picked some for me



imagining how life use to be


loved the tree lined drives

quite a long carriage ride from the capital in richmond !!

plantations of cotton and tabacco

resting in dappled sunlight

gloriously beautiful day along "plantation road"

1 comment:

sealaura said...

beautiful pictures!! I have not been to virginia in about 10 years. love the colors in your shots. BTW you asked about my necklaces and I bought them a few yrs back from a company called Silpada. They are sterling silver. The company is big on layering silver pieces. hope you have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails